Follow the 3Ws and do your Daily Health Check before leaving your residence hall or coming to campus.
For details about Student Affairs operations, see the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated November 9, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
Leaders of Distinction
In 2009, the Leaders of Distinction Awards were established. Each year we recognize outstanding achievement and leadership of students. Each recipient receives a keepsake presented at a reception at the end of the academic year. The staff in the Department of Student Engagement & Leadership, based on student contributions and exceptional academic standing, makes nominations.
Leaders of Distinction Requirements for Nomination:
- The awards are based on college career leadership contributions.
- The student must have made positive contributions to the various Foundation units & programs within the Department of Student Engagement & Leadership.
- Should have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Needs to be a Senior in academic credits.
- Must be a full-time Appalachian State University student.
- Uphold or have upheld leadership positions and have made an impact on the members of their organization and/or the Appalachian community at large.